- To empower students with learning disabilities and differences to recognize and optimize their potential throughout their lives.
- We do this by fostering a family environment where the educational, social, health, wellness, and emotional needs of each student are addressed through a focused, holistic program.
- This can only be accomplished through a partnership among students, administration, faculty, staff, parents, the board, alumni, researchers and the professional community.
Our Value Proposition
To accomplish this mission, we place a high value on these core values:
- Empowerment Integrity
- Strategies for interactive problem-solving
- Ongoing, open communication
- Staff development
- Continuous improvement
- Financial stability
- A safe environment
- Holistic programming
Who We Serve
Each child deserves the best education possible. We have highly-trained staff to serve the following students:
- Specific Learning Disability (Reading, Writing, Math)
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- ASD (High Functioning)
- Expressive and/or Receptive Language Disorder
- Speech and Language Impairment
- Memory Disorder
- Twice Exceptional
- Processing Speed
- Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder
- Nonverbal Learning Disability
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Emotional Dysregulation
Who We Do Not Serve:
- Active Physical Aggression
- Active Self-Harm
- Active Substance Abuse
- Runaway Risks
- Fire Starting
* Average-to-Superior Intelligence on WISC
* Please call our admissions office with questions or another diagnosis not listed.
At Brehm, we go beyond an IEP, because your child’s education is more than academics. After thoroughly assessing your child’s needs, strengths, and challenges, we prepare a comprehensive Individualized Holistic Education Plan(IHEP) that takes into account your child as a whole—academically, socially, and emotionally.
Our team of advisors and academic, clinical, student life staff then work together to give your child the tools, skills, and confidence to become an effective self-advocate and independent learner who will succeed in school, find a fulfilling career, and lead a balanced multi-faceted life.
Life After Brehm – OPTIONS
OPTIONS Transitions to Independence is a comprehensive boarding program for post-secondary students with learning disabilities, attention disorders, language based disorders and/or executive functioning deficits. OPTIONS offers instruction and assistance who need to further develop independent living, social, employment and academic skills. As students transition through phases of OPTIONS, they develop skills and acquire the crucial tools necessary for independent life.
Succeeding is one thing. Happy again is everything. Since 1982, Brehm Preparatory School has been empowering students with learning differences to recognize and achieve their full potential. Brehm’s caring, highly qualified faculty and staff welcome students in grades 6 through 12 into a dynamic new learning environment brimming with optimism. Working quickly to break down barriers, build trust, and rebuild self-confidence, they embrace students in a nurturing residential environment where each child feels accepted and supported. This holistic experience produces students with the tools, skills, and confidence to become effective self-advocates and independent learners able to succeed in school, find fulfilling careers, and lead balanced, multi-faceted lives.
“Experience has proven that an immersive family-style boarding school environment is the most effective way for students with learning challenges to break old patterns, foster independence, and achieve their full potential.”
— Brian Brown, Ph.D., Head of School